Monday, June 20, 2011

Designing For Kelly Ann Doll


That glorious pocket rocket, Miss Kelly Ann Doll is the reigning Miss Burlesque Victoria and this weekend she competes for the national title! Woohoo! Of course, she will be wearing Kiss Me Quick!

I’ve been designing costumes for Kelly for about 5 years, she’s amazing to work with, and although I feel I’ve failed her occasionally, she loves me still... Kelly is so tiny that sometimes my overtly theatrical style swamps her and I’ve learnt to pull it back, allot! 
Bless her, she’s always found a way to style whatever I give her to work with. Its one of the things I love about working in burlesque that’s different from any work I’ve done as a costume designer, I’m not creating the full look, I create pieces that evolve with the star. They morph into different outfits, with different pairings, stockings, hats and gloves are added, and rhinestones applied. Glorious girliness! 

I think her current pieces represent some of the best work I’ve ever done, and she makes them look amazing! 

  This is the number that won her, her current title, watch it, its unbelievably hot:



I designed the bra and knickers, they are unaltered by the star, in hand beaded Cambodian lace! You can get a better look at it here, as she poses for the Sunday Age!
And yesterday another little piece for her costume this weekend (to add to the outfit on the left) flew on its way to her...


















Drool over Kelly a little more on her facebook
If your interested in getting your own custom Kiss Me Quick piece, email me!

Some of kelly’s previous costumes:
In an emerald green bustle and matching bra.

Kelly is in a KMQ custom pussy bow playsuit, on the left!

In high waisted knickers and matching bra, I had to take the knickers in twice, she is so tiny!!

No comments:

Post a Comment