Monday, April 4, 2011

RIP Tex, with all my love...


I read somewhere that grief is wanting something you cant have... I just wanted my dog to live forever, is it really that much to ask?



This is a tribute to Tex, who died last Tuesday the 29th of March at approximately 5:15pm. He was 14yrs old, give or take, and for 5 months he’d suffered from a Squamous Cell Carcinoma. He fought bravely but in the end I couldn’t watch him suffer anymore. He spent his last night in bed with me and I carried him to the vet when he wouldn’t walk anymore. 


I still listen for the sound of his claws tapping on the wooden floor boards, on sunny afternoons I still expect him to be lounging outside and I still leave the door open for him. For 14 years he was always there and always mine to come home to... Now without our hour long walks in the evening I just don’t know what to do with myself.
I miss you terribly Tex...

At the river, swiming with his mates in his last weeks...

When we first moved to Perth, a big house and a great yard and still I dont think he was impressed.
Chasing Trains
Chasing Ducks

Tex art...

In my dirty washing, I think he'd been missing me while I was at work.
Chasing ducks by moonlight.


4 comments:

  1. Oh honey I'm so sorry for your loss, he looks like he was an absolute sweetie and the amount of joy he brought into your life is oh so obvious.

    You guys were so lucky to have so long with each other.

    xxxx

    Teer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting your tribute to Tex.

    It is so difficult when you lose a long-dedicated best friend.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou Teer, and Miss Petticoats, your too kind.

    I pick up Tex's ashes tomorrow, its been a sad few weeks.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is beautiful honey, its so hard.. and you never quite can prepare for the lost of a friend.. but the memories are so beautiful even the most hell raising moments when they are puppies are always my fondest.. xxx

    ReplyDelete